I’m always on the search for a new Bliss Balls recipe! I had far too many sugary delights over the festive season, so I’m doing my best to stick to a low sugar diet for the next month.
Sarah Wilson is of course the expert on low sugar/fructose recipes, and thanks to her I Quit Sugar books and site, I found this great recipe which I’ve slightly modified for those who wish to add a bit more natural sweetness
- 1 cup mixed raw nuts (may add seeds too)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup (or 1 cup of medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 15mins before processing)
- 2/3 cup nut butter
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- desiccated coconut, for rolling
- Place nuts and oats in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. The mix should be slightly chunky to help hold the balls together.
- Place nut and oat mixture in a large mixing bowl and stir through the cacao, cinnamon, maca, protein powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the nut butter and rice malt syrup. Add this to the dry ingredients, using your hands to rub the ingredients together.
- The mix should be quite dry and will not stick together. Gradually add in the almond milk, using your hands to work the moisture through the mixture.
- Once mixture starts to come together, shape into balls.
- Roll in desiccated coconut and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Have you got a scrumptious bliss ball recipe combo? I’d love you to share it with us in the comments below
Have you checked out my new meal plans? Super easy to follow, yummy wholefood recipes, macro/micro nutrition breakdown, superfood/supplement recommendations and a bonus metabolic workout vid! Check it out here!