I am sooo in love with this protein powder!! I’m definitely one to advocate eating wholefoods and, well, food in general over powders, but there are a couple of protein powders around that I will endorse. One of those is PlantFusion.
You just have to read what’s on the front of it to know it’s a great product! But I did check out their website and asked a few health care professionals about it first before trying it myself…and recommending it.
Why I love this stuff
- it’s highly digestible and free of common food irritants. In fact, the combination of it’s four exceptional plant proteins scores a perfect 1.0 on the Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS). PDCAAS is the gold standard for rating the quality of protein for human nutrition.
- there definitely are a couple of high quality organic whey protein products on the market, but in general, I find whey too acidic for me and causes bloating. I like that PlantFusion is a vegan blend. The high biological value of the 100% plant-sourced protein of PlantFusion provides all the essential amino acids and is perfectly suited for those following a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle.
- it contains high levels of branched-chain amino acids and L-glutamine making it a perfect protein powder for athletes and anyone lifting weights. It helps with maintaining lean muscle mass and limiting body fat, in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular training.
- i love that PlantFusion contains no wheat, gluten, dairy, soy, nuts, fish or other potential allergens. This makes it ideal for individuals that are sensitive to certain foods, which is a lot of people these days! And the addition of it’s exclusive advanced digestive enzyme blend, provides added support for the digestion, absorption and bioavailability of all the essential components (amino acids, vitamins, minerals, etc.) of PlantFusion.
- it tastes great! My fave flavour is cookies and cream 🙂
For more info and to find out where you can buy the stuff, click here!