Ooooh how I love Bali! It’s such paradise! I love how it can be any kind of holiday you want it to be. You can experience traditional Bali by staying in a villa or a more traditional style hotel/resort; or you can stay in a more Western style hotel such as the W Hotel.
You can also combine relaxation activities such as lounging by the pool and getting amazing treatments, with going out to ridiculously fabulous restaurants and bars. Bali has incredible food and a great nightlife! Although I found this trip to be a little quieter than usual.
I had 5 gorgeous treatments at 3 different spas in the short 5 days I was there…absolute heaven! Probably my favourite thing to do whilst in Bali!!! In order of preference, this is what I experienced and where:
1. Jari Menari ‘Dancing Fingers’- 70min full body massage. OMG. This hands down (hehe) was the best massage I have EVER experienced in my life!!! My friend, Kat, and I went there on our last full day in Bali, and were spewing as we probably would have gone there everyday if we knew how good it was! Un-believ-able 🙂
2. Body Works Spa – 1hr facial, 1hr hair mask and shoulder/head massage, pedi/mani. This place is a bit of an institution! I’ll keep coming back to this beautiful spa. Their treatments are divine and very professional. I also love their full body scrub and massage treatment 🙂
3. Amo Spa – 1hr full body massage – located opposite the W Hotel, this was my first treatment in Bali. Gorgeous place and lovely massage. Only annoying thing was my table kept squeaking every time she pressed down on my back! Other than that, it was a pretty relaxing massage.
Restaurant & Bar Love
My second favourite thing to do in Bali is eat out and enjoy a drink at sunset at one of the glorious bars on the beach! These are the incredible places I went to:
1. Rock Bar at Ayana Resort in Jimbaran – this is my second time to this unbelievably spectacular bar! Situated on the rocks with a 360 degree of the Indian Ocean, it seriously doesn’t get better than this! I went there to witness my gorgeous friends, Yvette & Jem, renew their wedding vows. We started off with a private ceremony, followed by drinks at Rock Bar and dinner at Dava restaurant. These pics don’t really do it justice…check out the website!
2. Dava Restaurant – also located at Ayana Resort. This French Cuisine restaurant run by award-winning Singaporian chef, Jusman So, was an experience to remember! We each had a 6 course degustation that was nothing short of perfection. Who would have thought that white fish and vanilla/ginger ice-cream would work so well! I’m not kidding.
3. Metis Restaurant – another gorgeous French restaurant that overlooks the rice fields. Absolutely majestic! There were 7 of us who ate there for my Birthday 🙂
4. La Lucciola – this place has been around forever. Another institution! You seriously can’t go wrong with this stunning Italian restaurant. Great food and gorgeous view overlooking palm trees and the ocean. Kat and I ate brekky there 3 times and dinner there once.
5. Ku De Ta – one of my favourite bars and restaurants in Seminyak! It’s particularly cool at sunset, sipping on a cocktail and listening to the cool tunes played by their regular and international DJ’s :-). It also has some of the best food I’ve ever had in Bali!
5. Potato Head – up there with Ku De Ta, but a little bit pretentious. Certainly a gorgeous spot for a cheeky cocktail!!! Definitely worth a look.
Three gorgeous cafes Kat and I frequented, were Petitenget (best coffee, green juices and yummy brekky), Sea Circus (great tapas, red juices and brekky menu!) and Motel Mexicola (great Mexican food!).
We had such a great time! 5 nights certainly wasn’t long enough! I won’t be doing that again – 7 night minimum next time!!! 🙂
The next time I go, I’d really love to visit Ubud and do some kind of retreat. I’m thinking raw food and yoga!
What fantastic tips and stories do you have to share about Bali? I’d love to read your recommendations…especially about retreats in Ubud 🙂
If anyone is interested in exploring health retreats in Bali – I’d recommend the ‘Como Shambala’ in Ubud.
I was there for a week last July and it was AMAZING. Highly recommend it!
Thanks Tal! xx
Love Bali. Some of my favourites in there and some new places I will have to check out. 10 night minimum. Thanks for the post liz 🙂
Should try diving in Bali very nice and so many great dive and snorkeling site in this paradise island : )