I’m always on the search for a new Bliss Balls recipe! I had far too many sugary delights over the festive season, so I’m doing my best to stick to a low sugar diet for the next month.
Sarah Wilson is of course the expert on low sugar/fructose recipes, and thanks to her I Quit Sugar books and site, I found this great recipe which I’ve slightly modified for those who wish to add a bit more natural sweetness 🙂
- 1 cup mixed raw nuts (may add seeds too)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup (or 1 cup of medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 15mins before processing)
- 2/3 cup nut butter
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- desiccated coconut, for rolling
- Place nuts and oats in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. The mix should be slightly chunky to help hold the balls together.
- Place nut and oat mixture in a large mixing bowl and stir through the cacao, cinnamon, maca, protein powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the nut butter and rice malt syrup. Add this to the dry ingredients, using your hands to rub the ingredients together.
- The mix should be quite dry and will not stick together. Gradually add in the almond milk, using your hands to work the moisture through the mixture.
- Once mixture starts to come together, shape into balls.
- Roll in desiccated coconut and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Have you got a scrumptious bliss ball recipe combo? I’d love you to share it with us in the comments below 🙂
Have you checked out my new meal plans? Super easy to follow, yummy wholefood recipes, macro/micro nutrition breakdown, superfood/supplement recommendations and a bonus metabolic workout vid! Check it out here!
Leave a Reply